Is your soccer player looking to work with HSC and gain experiece refereeing for Travel or Intramural games?
Haverford Soccer Club Referee Information
HSC uses two types of referees.
Certified referees are used for travel games and preferred for our High School and Middle School levels.
In- House club referees are trained for our unique small-sided game rules and are used primary for younger recreation league games u7 through u14.
Below is the information you will need for both types of referee programs.
I. Process for Certified “Travel” referees typically age 17 or above:
$100 class, $10 PA Police, $10 PA Child Welfare, $35 FBI=. $155.
1) Create an EPSARC account in Officials Management System (OMS)
2) Register for the Online Lessons clinic, Grassroots Referee
3) Return to your OMS home page and click on the Online Lessons link
a. Continue through the lessons in order.
b. When finished you will be redirected to US Soccer’s SafeSport Training
c. EVERY referee 18 and older is required to complete the SafeSport
d. After all 5 lessons are completed, return to your Home page to select field session
e. If you don’t see one you can yet attend, continue to check back often.
4) Background Clearances – EVERYONE 14 yrs and older must complete
5) Attend the Field Session
HSC typically sponsors a local field session and will try to offer one in September. Please contact email@example.com
II. Process for In House Recreational Refs Typically Age 14 – 18
1) Follow one of the three Google Doc links to register for the class, choose only 1 class. The cost is $25 CASH payable to the instructor on the field at the time of the class and you still need to do the $10 PA State and $10 PA child welfare check
a. Sunday Aug 8th; 4:30 – 7:30 pm
b. Sunday Aug 15; 4:30 – 7:30 pm
c. Sunday Aug 22; 4:30 – 7:30 pm
2) Classes are Sunday night, 4:30 to 7:30, bring your own chair
3) The class will follow the US Soccer class, but will concentrate on our small sided rules and game play. We will focus on younger MS and HS age referees trying to learn to lead.
4) You will be issued a mysoccerleague.com account sent to the Referees email. They must learn to navigate the site. Please do not do this for your kids. They need to learn it and they can add your email to the system, so you get a copy of everything. They will be provided with a 2 page handout to assist them.
5) They must then upload their documents per PA state law!
a. PA Police Background Check
b. PA Child Welfare check
c. And update their address to be paid
d. And update parent email if you want everything to be cced
6) Rec league games are paid about 2/3 of the travel rates. Games for rec are typically 90 % covered each week meaning there is almost always a game open.
7) Your admission to the class is your $25 payment and a copy of your 2 clearance documents.
8) You may purchase a ref kit from the http://www.officialsports.
Questions can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org